Skunked.ca Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlist Log in

Electric Steel

Reply to topic    Skunked.ca Forum Index » Club Meetings and Important dates View previous topic
View next topic
Electric Steel
Bobbyhandcuffs
2000 Post Club

Post Electric Steel Reply with quote
Met up with the TRAA members at an undisclosed location this morning to electro fish and gather/fertilize eggs. It was beautiful day and we managed nearly 20 really nice size steelhead. The biggest was a 30 inch hens plus quite a few 1' bows and browns. We will be meeting to do this a gain a few more times before April 15th. If anyone is interested in becoming a member please contact JJ Canoe or myself...
Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
Bobbyhandcuffs
2000 Post Club

Post Reply with quote
a few more shots...
Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
Bobbyhandcuffs
2000 Post Club

Post Reply with quote
last ones
Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:28 pm View user's profile Send private message
always-topless
Gold Club Member

Post Reply with quote
I have done that many of times and it is so cool. Looks like Mr. Bailey has his hands full.......Jim

Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
Bobbyhandcuffs
2000 Post Club

Post Reply with quote
Yeah it was a busy morning... The ladies weren't quite ready to let the eggs go yet but some more nice warm weather this week and the next 2 outings should be very productive. One the best parts of this whole process is seeing how they use structure to hide in small stream habitat; I have a funny feeling my fly fishing this year is going to be dramatically different from previous years. Hopefully you'll have a chance to get out with us before the permit expires.
Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:15 pm View user's profile Send private message
Seastar
Gold Club Member

Post electro fishing Reply with quote
Where are the eggs going ? What is the TRAA and where are they located ?
Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
always-topless
Gold Club Member

Post Reply with quote
TRAA- (Thames River Anglers Assoc.) The eggs that they collect are going into a Hatchery that was built by members of the anglers club. ( I was also involved in that and many more projects ). The TRAA is a non-profit organization who's members are not just anglers but a lot of people who care about the environment within the Thames River Watershed. They are involved in Restoring Habitat and Restoration projects that effect the The Thames River Waters. They meet once a month, every month to discuss issues and projects. They always have a guest speaker after every meeting. They meet in London at the Grovener Lodge.....Bobby let me know when the next day for electro-fishing and I will make a point on showing up and helping out. I also would like to know when the next work day is planned....Jim

Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:54 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Skunked.ca Forum Index » Club Meetings and Important dates All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: